Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animation Control - Error Unable to Open File

Status
Not open for further replies.

giyer555

Programmer
Sep 8, 2003
IN
Dear Friends,

While opening an animation file using CDC & Animation control i am receiving an error Unable to open file.

The file is in avi format.
I am using the following syntax to open the file

cdc.showopen "animation/*.avi"
ani.open cdc.filename
ani.play

Pls let me know the reason why i am getting the error

regards,
giyer

Sorry Friends the syntax is as follows:

cdc.filter = "animation files/*.avi"
cdc.showopen
ani.open cdc.filename
ani.play

And the error number is 35752 Unable to open file

Awaiting ur guidance.

Regards,

giyer

Looks like you are using the Animation Control. This normally works fine, but does not handle most interleaved sound, or compressed avi files (unless RLE encoded). You are showing the expected error for unsupported filetypes.

A more heavyweight option is the Multimedia Control, if you need the extra sophistication.

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Hi!!! Friend

Nice to receive a reply from you again. I just wanted to try using animation control in one of my projects hence used the same. Can u give me an example of avi file available in msdn or vb so that i can try using the same.

I am trying to use the globe.avi file avbl in MSDN98 folder but it gives the same error. Pls chk if the file works at ur end.

Actually i wanted to use the animation control in the login form. Can i make use of Avi Editor avbl in Visual Studio tools to create or modify changes in the avi file avbl.

Thanx & regards

giyer

Globe.avi is a compressed AVI, so as I indicated will not run in an animation control. Most of the AVI files in \common\graphics\video run fine. Do a search for Filecopy.avi, filenuke.avi, filedel.avi, finfile.avi, search.avi etc.

Don't forget the animation control is very lightweight in performance, really only intended for filecopy, search for file and pageturn type of applications. For anything substantial use the MM control.

Sorry I haven't used the avi editor.

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back