Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animating with filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

popugaichik

Programmer
Feb 22, 2006
CA
Hello,
I've been working on a bouncing ball movie clip. It has within it the background and the stripes on separate layers. The ball then animates as a whole, going up and down.
Now, the problem begins when I programmatically apply different color filters (adjusting the hue) on the separate elements. I use one filter for the ball and another for the stripes. In order to preserve the filters throughout the anim, I reapply the onEnterFrame. When the ball bounces, the separate elements, even though on the same timeline, are out of sync. Also, the ball color flickers from time to time (exposing the original color).

I first thought that is was the filters that overwhelmed the processor. I then ran the same animation at an very slow and then fast frame rates: same problem. I now have reasons to believe that the Color Filter effect somehow rounds the values that are used to move the movie clips in the animation process. I have no guesses for the flickering.

If anyone has experienced a similar problem or has any information to provide, please share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back