Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animated Scrolling using Tweening ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMax

Technical User
Sep 14, 2003
US
OK...

I had created an animated .gif for my website...in the form of a sound wave, which scrolls across the page...representing an audio track playing back in a digital audio workstation (the graphic is an actual cropped audio track from a screen shot of a SONAR project.)

Trouble is...the number of frames required to make the scrolling seem smooth (& believe me...it's still a long way from smooth) creates a huge file size.

Check it out:

So now...Everybody is telling me to do this with Flash.

So I got Flash.

Now I import my long & narrow sound wave graphic into Flash...& have no idea where to start. I took the animation lesson with the bouncing, compressed tire...but it's not really relevant to what I want to do; & I can't seem to find a direct method in the help files anywhere.

In Adobe ImageReady (where I created the animated .gif)...I positioned the graphic in the window all the way to the left end & created a frame...all the way to the right end & created a frame; & tweened between those two points.

How is this accomplished in Flash?

How can I select each end of a long graphic, as frames; & tween between those two points...so as to create a smooth scrolling effect? That's all I want to do.

Thanks very much,

Sonic Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back