Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

animated mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

styleBunny

Technical User
Jun 20, 2002
AU
hi gang.

we all know how easy it is to use mask, errrrrr, "creativly" in flash, being able to animate them and all and set their location visually on the stage.

is the same true in director?

my intent is to create a mask that will move down the stage and reveal more of the image it is masking (a line) as it moves down the stage in a shape tweening fashion.

any suggestions?
p.

Masking in its simplest form in Director is placing the mask in the member slot right after an image member your masking and applying the "mask" ink. For instance, in the thumbnail view of the cast, if picA is in slot 1 then we put its mask in slot 2. If we drag picA onto the stage, and change its ink to "mask" we find that areas of the mask that are more black show more of picA. There is also a more complicated masking technique involving alpha channels, which I think you may need. If what I've told you so far doesn't help, ask again and i'll explain how the alpha channel works.

Hi there, yeah im down with masking images in the manner you described, can you offer any info on the alpha channel situation?

p.

Email me @ hypernerd@cox.net and ill reply wil a demo movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back