Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animated Gifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiJP

Programmer
May 8, 2002
GB
Arn't web sites fantastic? Well some are.. I'm particular to the ones that use multilayered animated gifs.. lot of respect to the designers!

They sure do spice up a boring web page - which is why I want to you them in my access applications. A friendly user interface with great graphics goes a long way.

However, my problem is that inserting an animated gif onto a form will not work - yes it will show the gif, but not animated.

Does anyone know why? or even better how to make it work?!

TIA

TomCologne: Went there an couldn't find the zip file in the designated location. Do you happen to have it?

Bob Scriver

try this:

ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/grafview/agv10.zip

I downloaded the .gif view but it didn't seem to do anything. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

JP

Hard to tell without knowing what you did.

TomCologne

With gif89.dll you have to make sure you register it on each of your users' machine. But it does work.

You could also insert the ActiveX control Microsoft Web Browser (which should already be on everyones machine). Suppose you name the ActiveX control MyGifFile, then in the OnOpen event of the form, enter something like this:

MyGifFile.Navigate "\\path\yourGifFile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back