Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animated GIFS in PowerPoint 2000 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiChi56

Technical User
Mar 6, 2002
US
I have a PowerPoint presentation that I am using for a major meeting. When I went up in front of the committee that evaluted the presentation before the real one, my animated GIFS were not working. They work on my Desktop at home and at work and two other computers I tried it on. But when I tried it on the laptop they were using. A PC laptop, my GIFS would not work. The lady also tried it on another laptop and it did not work. I burned my presentation on a CD. I also copied the presentation and used PACK and GO. But I dragged the PPS version onto the desktop and ran the presenation. Does anyone have any idea why my animated GIFS did not work? Thank you.

The secret in education lies in respecting the student. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}.

Is there anyone out there that can help me please?

The secret in education lies in respecting the student. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}.

...so, I guess burning it onto a CD means you don't have to pack n go, as there is plenty of space on the CD. Thus, so long as you have access to PPT 2000, you will be right.

Have you tried saving the presentation as a .pps and then running it in PowerPoint instead of PowerPoint Viewer? I had a similar problem that was corrected by avoiding the Viewer (there is a new version of the viewer as of late September that works much better than the older one).

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back