Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animated GIF Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpetursson

Programmer
Jan 28, 2002
US
Has anyone else experiences problems with animated GIF's in Firefox?

I created an animatee GIF. It work as I expected it to in IE, but in FF it plays 'funny'

I use it on the site

the GIF is stored at

by funny i mean...
The image is used as a list backgroung image during hover.
In IE each time I change the li the mouse on over the image resets and starts playing again.
In FF the second li hovered over continuse to play the animation where the first li left it.

Is there a way to make FF restart the animation for each different instance of the GIF?

Kevin Petursson

It seems that the Gecko rendering engine has been plagued by various animated GIF issues.

For example:

You may well want to hunt around BugZilla, and if no CSS-specific bug shows up, file a bug report (be careful to follow the instructions about downloading nightly builds of Moz, and file it in the correct place, as it may not be a Firefox-specific issue - it could be Gecko if it happens in NN / Moz too).

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]D'ya think I got where I am today because I dress like Peter Pan here?[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back