Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

animated gif for splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

titanandrews

Programmer
Feb 27, 2003
US
Hi,
Does anyone know how difficult it would be to use an animated gif in a splash screen? I managed to do it with an Active X control supplied by VS 6.0., but I would rather not use Active X. It was interesting how they did it. When I added the control onto the CDialog, it automatically converted the .gif to a .ico. I didn't realize icon files could be animated.

I thought maybe I could use CPictureHolder, but it only takes bitmaps and icons.

Of course I will experiment myself, but if anyone has done this before and can offer suggestions, I would greatly appreicate it.

many thanks,

Barry

Possibly use a CHTMLView in the splash dialog? (just a guess)

Matt

You can use CPictureHolder to indicate where you'd like to place the gif, but you will probably need to look at IPicture and COM to do the actual drawing. I found a pretty good freeware package named CPictureEx that works well with gifs, but I can't remember where I picked it up. Just search Google for PictureEx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back