Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animated drop down menu with buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkytunaa

Technical User
Oct 9, 2005
AU
I have a flash file that has a menu system that when rolled over drops down a bunch of buttons to choose another page on the site. Fairly simple in essence, but for some reason I can not get the "onclick" function working. I have the rollover all good, and that drops down the menu system but it doesn't redirect the page when clicked.

I've put the flash file above if anyone would care to have a look.

This is really doing my head in, it's been a while since I've used flash but I can't remember it being this hard.

Cheers!!!!!

Apologies, wasn't probably clear enough.

In the "car loan" menu I would like to get all of those buttons working, the one I have been trying though is the guidelines one, Not sure what I have in there at the moment as I have been trying a heap of different things. I'm away from my computer atm and can't check.

And yep, the main TL is running primarily for the rays. Not really necessary I suppose. Is this suffing things around?

Am I at least on the right track? :)

Not really...

The button1 handlers on the car loan movie clip, override any nested symbol's actions...

Use a hitTest on the mc itself rather than button handlers.

As for the rays, stick them in a movie clip of their own, so that the movie clip can be added to the timeline, stopped on frame 1.

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Ok, I've recreated it and THINK <--My disclaimer... that I am a little closer. THough I now can't get the rollover/rollout properly.Once I get that running I can reanimate the buttons...

At the end of the day I am getting more and more confuzzled everytime I look a this stupid file.

Thanks HEAPS for your help too, it is much appreciated.

Just uploaded another file, I think this one is better as I realised when I was testing my last file I don't think IE was properly downloading the file afterI updated it and i may have being using a cached version. REALLYannoyed at myself atm.

Just a yes or no that I am on the right track would be appreciated.

Well, outside of missing a "}" on your guidelines button, this seems to work...

You haven't used a hitTest though and have now made the car loan a button rather than a movie clip...
How are you going to get rid of this submenu if you roll over another menu selection?

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

After a nice little snooze and some much needed brain rest. I got what you were on about and I think all is good now. I've set up a hitTest (something which I had no idea about) and the link is now working too..

Cheers for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back