Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ani/Dnis routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catutzi123

Technical User
Jan 28, 2008
RO
Hi,
I have a client that is requesting the following type of call routing:
when he receives an external call when calling 613-592-7849 to go to a hunt group and,
when he dials the extension 7849 the call should go to the extension 4232.
What I'm saying: is there a possibility to bypass a DID number not to ring the extension that is associated to? in this case the number 613-592-7849 not to ring extension 7849?

System type is very important here.
So is trunk type
So is software level.

I will assume 3300, PRI, and current

In your Trunk attributes form you will want to insert some nonsense digits. Lets say - *1*

In your Speed dial tables you want to create Speedcalls to match ALL of your DID's

The actual digits dialled will typically match the 4 digits again so you've actually done nothing so far.

For the special numbers such as above you can instead translate them to any number of your choice.

Your example shows the hunt group matching the digits and the internal extension not matching. I would typically set this up differently (opposite in fact) but it's up to you how you want to achieve your goals.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Sorry, I should have read that before posting.

The Speedcalls that you create would be

*1*XXXX dialling XXXX (or anything you want)

XXXX would match your existing digits received.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Can't you use different Call Forwarding for Internal and External calls?

In pre-MCD systems, you would probably have to setup a user/device with number 7849 and use the Feature Access Codes for CFWD-internal and CFWD External to set the destination for internal and extarnal calls.

In MCD (v4.x) you can set up an empty hunt-group and set its call forwarding profile (Users and Devices - Advanced Configuration - Call Forwarding Profile) and add a CFWD Internal and a CFWD External destination for that hunt group.

All external calls to 613-592-7849 will be forwarded to the CFWD-External destination, all internal calls to ext.7849 will forward to the CFWD-External destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back