Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

android

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmazco

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2008
US
Looks like Im going with it, anyone have pros or cons?

I just got a Motorola Droid. Only had it a day and so far, I'm impressed. I'm linked to both a gmail and live accounts and the only glitch I've seen so far is I've gotten a few notifications and then not seen new mail.

Touch pad works well. Great sound quality in the phone. Web browser works well. etc.

I'll report more after I've had more time to play.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Seems decent enough to me. Stacks up well against competition.
Of course everyone has their personal preferences. Ask 5 people about phone, carrier, etc, you will get 5 different answers.
Ill give it 2 thumbs up.

My POP3 mail client has quit automatically updating, but still manually does so. Sometimes the mapping app gets stuck on the nearest tower and doesn't finish zooming in to your actual location - otherwise it's great. I'm learning it has a few other quirks, but overall I'm loving it. The apps store is full of great, free apps.

I'm giving mine 3 thumbs up. ;-)

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back