Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Android Tablet and ES File Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Downloaded and installed ES File Explorer. Have it only used to connect to one server that has a Shared Folder. When setting up the server I put the address path of that folder in and it connected fine. I can go deeper into the subfolders and then hit the back button and come back to the "root" folder. But.... then if I hit back again I go to the C: drive of the server instead of C:\Public\Work Packets which is where I have it set to. Is there a way I can block it from going further back on the share?

Andriod 4.0 tablet

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Nope, they can add the feature in a future version, so be sure to go to their web site, and post it on the forums. Seems like it should be easy to fix, just needs to treat the added "server" as the top of the tree. Kind of annoying not to mention a security risk.

Highly agree with the security risk. Had to create special permissions for my top level folders and system folders just to keep this one "user" out if they backed up this far.
Ill head over there and see what I cant stir up, thanks for the reply.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back