Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Android: how to terminate an application

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwb

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
GB
How do I terminate an application on Android? I can move it aside but it is still running in the background. How do I stop it from running completely? At the moment, I have to switch off the device to get rid of all the running applications. Is there an easier way?

Is there a task manager which I can select and say kill application?

In settings there should be applications, and that should allow you to see running applications, and there, you can force stop an application that is running. Also in the market, look for an application called advanced task killer, it will allow you to take control of those applications easier.

Just found task killer after I posted. Guess it is just knowing what the keywords are when doing the search. Sometimes you get into the chain of postings and it seems to go on forever with lots of suggestions and "that didn't work".

I'll have a play and see if I can force stop the app.

Looks like it sort of works. It kills the task but it still remains on the task list until the task list runs out of space then it gets wiped.

Wonder if there is anything to remove it from the task list as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back