Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

And just like that, NEC was no longer in the telecom business in North America or Europe...

Right, probably the most convoluted, messy exit out of a market I've ever witnessed.(n)

Unreal, I was aware they were going to this...thank goodness I don't have to deal with too much of it. We already have our new system in.

Nec is a piece of shit phone system compaired to mitel. i worked on both i love mitel i hate nec as much as hitachi but for different reasons. Hitachi is hard to grasp. Nec is just a failure prone piece of shit.

Meh, I have no issues with NEC from a hardware/software standpoint. Solid systems as long as you program them correctly. Now NEC corporate...that's a whole other can of worms.

I had to learn NEC 8100/9100 on the Fly. My experience with it was it has wonderful features but when s*** goes wrong on that phone system it can be a nightmare to fix sometimes. Most of the time I ran into software issues where phone systems would just lose memory for no reason phones would just Phantom ring and memory would just be gone. What causes this issue, is the fact that when the cmos battery dips below a certain voltage and there is a power failure and the battery backup isn't working they go brain dead or at least partially retarded. Mitel telephone systems do not do that.

I never had those issues like ever unless there was a weak backup battery and a severe power outage. Then all you have to do is reload the database and replace the battery. Easy peasy. Probably have like 500 systems in.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back