Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

analyzing tool for tabels used in reports, mailaddressen in schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeroenBoon

Technical User
Aug 15, 2002
NL
Hello,

we use CR10 and CE10. Now I need a tool that can tell me in which reports a certain table, or a certain field is used. I can inagine I select a table or field name and the tool gives me the object names I need to know.
What I also need is a way to select all objects that are scheduled to a certain email address, or all objects that are scheduled in a certain period, etc.

Is there one tool (or maybe a combination of tools) thah can help me with this?

Thanks, Jeroen.

This post has had a tough go of it. Since no one else has piped in, i'll see if i can help you out. My company was shopping around for a Datawarhouse tool, and we came accross Business Objects Data Integrator. There was a lineage tool that came along with it, amungh other things. If i remember correctly, Data Integrator has the abilities you are looking for. However, i'm sure you don't really need the entire package. I tossed all my white paper from BO, but that might be a place to start.

rptInspector Enterprise 10 Suite" from Software Forces would probably do all this for you, but it's not cheap...$1,495 US dollars for one workstation license.

APOS has a good "Instance Manager 10" tool that would find/manage "all objects that are scheduled to a certain email address, or all objects that are scheduled in a certain period, etc."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back