Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analyzing a core dump file ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpuxhelp

Technical User
Jul 5, 2005
US

Hi All,

I want to analyze a core dump file called core .. What is the best way to do this on hpux?? I have had suggestions to run gdp (which I am having problems with), or there is also adb (not sure how to run this) .... How do you do it?

Does pstack work on hp-ux, or is there something similar.

Could you also add the syntax on the suggestion you have to analyze a core dump called core

Thanks in advance ....

best thing would be to have a look at the man page for adb and see if it meets your requirements.

GDB is a useful tool for debugging core files generated by processes. To find out more information regarding GDB visit
Running GDB

• Determine the location of GDB, whereis gdb
• Execute gdb from the directory returned by the whereis command. Note the arguments to gdb are
Process
Core file location
• Example, to analysis the core file core.225 located in the /home/mcadmin/CORE-FILES/applications directory which was generated by the mobi process run gdb as follows

gdb /apps/picasso/bin/mobi /home/mcadmin/CORE-FILES/applications/core.225

• To gather backtrace useful to analysis the problem type bt
• Save this backtrace to a file
• To quit gdb, type quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back