Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analysis against budgets/targets - Multiple 'Groups' / Activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendanj68

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I am running CR9/ SQL 2000, and have a budget/ target related report which I am totally unsure about where to start - so if someone can sugest an alternative to the following I'd appreciate it. The deal is:

I have three groups of management types - AD, MC and PC/C each refers to a job title (AD= Assistant Director), etc.

Against each of these personnel are a set of yearly targets against specific 'chargeable' activities - Delivery; Proposal;Diagnostic/Start-Up; Learning. Basic reporting (sorting, grouping) on this data is ok, and I have used an Lbass tech-hint previously in reporting one set of budget/ target data against a singular 'group', in a single report. My confusion is - would the best course of action be to treat each of these reports (personnel/ roles) as individual reports or try to find a way to get one report to cover all three Roles/target activities (or am I being too hopeful). I have been testing DataLink Viewer (briefly), but not familair with it enough yet to know for sure whether this would be the solution I am looking for?

Thanks in advance

I think you would have to tell us about your tables (how they are linked) and fields you are using, and provide a sample of your desired report structure. Have you attempted this and run into obstacles? If so, what?

-LB

This should be a function of who needs the information (and how).

If the users need the ability to select roles as a parameter and see the information for those roles, then you need a single report.

If each user needs only one of the three roles, than splitting this to 3 different reports may make sense.

By the way, I don't see the connection between your question and DataLink Viewer. Are you planning to use the Dynamic/Cascading Parameter pick list functionality to allow the user to select a role and then select the people within that role?

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back