Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog to PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
I am going to cut a MICS 6.1 from analog to PRI today. My question, should I change the card slot to T1 first(in programing), then put the card in or put the card in then change it. I don't want the system id to change.

Wayne T

I have all the necessary parts to do the job, T1 card, Combo card, PRI codes.
My concern is, if I shut the system down unplug the analog card and plug in the DTI card, then turn it back on, the system will default and loose my sn. So should I change the card in maintenance first?

Wayne T

I'd power down the system and then pop in the DTI/COMBO cards, power it back up install the key, disable the card and then chg the card type and then re-enable it and then start programming on the rest.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

MICS with 7.1, installed DTI card, installed PRI enabler codes, when I enable the PRI card in slot 1 of the KSU is still says unequipped, all my hardware programming looks good, but I can't sync up with the carrier.

any suggestions

@Silver987

Now is the time to take 'em up to 7.1 and you also wanna make sure that NVRAM pack is release 2 or higher.

@Broadbased

You need to start a whole new topic for your question as it has nothing to do with Silver987's problem.

Phonehed in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back