Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog to analog trunk hangs up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabirawan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2009
KE
Rel 4.5 , cs1k, incoming analog trunk is required to forwarded to (VoIP) on another analog trunk, call forwarded but both the trunks hangs up with each other , i can see both the trunks in hanged state in LD 80 ,
Please suggest the solution

Ground start trunk both or any one side ?

fdec eth
ndec eth

in the rdb MIGHT help, if they are loop, they will hang.. you can deny hook flash in the cls.. and adjust the timers in the rdb and stop most hang ups.. if you know the max talk time, you can use tfd timer which will idle the trunk after x number of seconds.. i am using timed forced disconnect on some courtesy phones and over page access.. each disconnects after 3 minutes..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

An interim solution is to set the Route Data Block TIMR "TFD" value (1 to 3600 seconds) which will "at least" disconnect the connection when the timer value is reached.

If few or no calls exceed 60 minutes (TFD 3600) few or no people would be inconvenienced if the system disco'd calls (and free's the locked up trunks) every 60 minutes.

It is not a "fix" but rather a crutch until the real fix is found.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back