Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog ports busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilcomm

Technical User
Feb 15, 2003
US
I have an Option 11C 25.40. I have had problems recently with entire analog cards. The complaint of the customer is that the users cannot receive calls but they can make calls. The stat in ld 20 shows all programmed ports on the cards to be busy, however, I know for certain that none of the ports are busy as I have removed the amphenol connector from the backplane. I have tried to DISU and then ENLU some of the ports but no luck. I have also tried to DISC and ENLC the cards. The only way I can get the port to return to normal status is to move the TN to another unused slot then return it to the original TN. Any ideas?

Roll cards. Take a Analog NT8D09 that you know works and swap with the trouble card. If problems still happen with problem card in another slot on different TNs/DNs the card needs replacement. Also see if the knowing working card in trouble slot TNs are in working condition. If so the card that was there before the swap is bad.

could be a bad card, try reseating it. i don't see many bad analogs but a few. because you can move it off and back on and it works, doesn't sound like hardware.. i would power cycle the switch and see if that kills the ghost..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

After some more troubleshooting, I found that when I put the DN back in its origianl TN, I could only call the station 1 time then it would return to a busy status until I moved the DN again. I will be onsite to do a manual reset tomorrow to see if it is a'ghost in the system'.

Thanks for the idaes.

Just an FYI -
Well, The problem I thought had, was not the problem at all. I found out that the "busy" DN's in questions were not on my PRI's. I totally forgot that these were also POTS lines on EXUT cards. For some reason, half (4) of the COTs on 2 seperate cards, in seperate cabinets, got 'hung'. Similar, i guess, to a problem that seems to happen in this area on Norstar systems. There seems to be nothing I can do to stop this other than occasionally STAT the cards and DISC them and then ENLC them when troubel appears.

disco the jumper and take a voltage reading on those pair. also measure ohms to ground on each card.. a line that have either to long of a loop, slight ground or battery will cause that. an analog phone answers by placing 600 ohms across the line.. when you hang up, that should go back to open. if it drops but not to full open the switch doesn't see the disco.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

what is the distance from the switch to the set? and do you are telco have long line adapters..ie loop extenders? if you short the far end then read ohms across the line on the switch end, that loop may be to long. if so use two cable pairs to drop r for that loop

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i have not measured it with a meater but the physical lenght from the MDF to the sets is about 1500 feet. As fas as the disco from the LEC, In our area most of the LEC switches are DMS or GTD. They do not program a disconnect supervision or any special discconnects on the line and you have to pay for them specifically and seperately. The basic diconnect from verizon in Illinois is a single leg disconnect on the TIP side. If you want both legs (TIP and RING) to disconnect, you have to ask for that and pay for that. This may have more to do with disconnet supervision than a basic hang-up or line-break.

Thanks for the insight for what to check at my other sites that do have the dual leg disconnect, though.

try answering super no and make sure fdec and ndec is eth

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back