Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Phones don't ring anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarikou

Programmer
Jun 23, 2010
DZ
Hi everybody

I have 2 systems doing the same problem this week: 1 Aria Soho and 1 ipLDK20.
The problem is that some analog phones don't ring when you call them, but if you pick up you can here your corespondant.
It seems like the Ring generator unit doesn't work on the systems.
What it is crazy is that some other analog phones ring normally.
Somebody got an idea about this issue

Thanks in advance

Regards

This issue comes when the system was not initialized correctly before the customer data was entered/programmed.
So initilalize the system. This is done by removing the battery (switch - OFF) and also the back-up.
The restart the system. Now all the customers database is gone, so all data needs to be written down.
A back-up of the "faulty" system cannot be re-used!!
So, now, set the country code in PGM100 and restart again.
The set the switch for battery and back-up.
Then go to PGM 451 and initialize all data base and restart.
(If applicable: Go to PGM452 and upgrade to all "points").
Now you can enter the customers data again and the system will work alright!
In your case the ring geneator works!

///doktor

Thanks very much Doktor

I' will try your idea tomorrow because I have no other solution.

Sincerly, I programmed hundreds of LG systems, but have never initilized systems through PGM 451 and never got problems, I don't even know what this PGM is for since we can initialyse the system through restart with dip switch off or PGM450 All Data.
It seems that there is two different initializations or what??

Best regards

Hi Doktor

It seems that PGM 451 is used to print database.
And also PGM452 is to initialyze after upgrade, and I didn't do any upgrade so I don't have possibility to choose flex key.

I still think it's an RGU problem because I tried with a new panasonic phone today and it rings, you know the new analog telephone are sensible to 5V only to ring since old one sometimes need almost 80V.
What do you think???

Sorry it was PGM450! To initialize use PGM450!!!
(Getting old).

///doktor

It's OK

It was neither the RGU nor the initialization!!!

The problem was on the power supply unit, T changed it and the problem was gone!!!

It seems like the power unit was giving a low voltage to the RGU maybe, so that the ring voltage was low.

It may be helpful to know that!!!

Thanks a lot

Initialization was a must before with e.g. GDK-16 and GDK-20W, must now most system manage OK w/o initialization.
I will however recommend this.
Issues seen are(some):
DECT handover failing.
Ring group member stop ringing.
Problem with login through IP.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back