Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Phone Message Indicator Light (Phantom Messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

indysystech

Technical User
Oct 19, 2006
US
I use Meridian Mail, on Option 81c. I've got several analog phones in our hotel guestrooms, where the message light will be on, but no message. The message if you call the phone, and no one answers, the voice says no one is checked into the room, even when people are checked in. If you hit the message button the light turns off for a few minutes, but then turns back on. None of my digital phones are having this issue. I've been working on this for a few days now, but can not figure it out.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Indysystech.

One idea is to use "Session Trace" from the "Tools" logon. It's menu driven so you'll figure it out. To log on to Tools, enter 'tools' as the password, then at the subsequent password prompt, simply enter the password you normally use to administer MerMail

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back