Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog phone busy after caller hangs up

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've never noticed (or been paying attention) to this behavior.

An analog phone on the CS1K receives an incoming call. The incoming caller hangs up. The phone stays in a busy state. (LD 20 STAT = BUSY, LD 80 .TRAC = LOCKOUT TN...) Is this the nature of analog? On a digital set if the incoming caller hangs up, the phone immediately goes idle again.

sounds like a bad hk switch, doing a flash as it hangs up.. if it is system wide it it a timer... years back we added ftr phd to each set to stop perm hold.. simular to what you have described... perm hold does the same thing IF the far end hangs up...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you John, I have FTR PHD on the TN already. Have tested with three different sets: a Polycom Soundstation and two 2500 sets. Same deal. This is TNB:

TN 004 0 08 10 VIRTUAL
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
MRT
ERL 00000
WRLS NO
DN 4269 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT 8988
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 21
LNRS 16
XLST
SCI 0
SCPW
CLS CTD DTN FBD XFA WTA THFD FNA HTA ONS
LPR XRA AGRD CWD SWD PUA MWA RMMD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LNA TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6A CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD SDND
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRA
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
CWND USMD USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
CDMR PRED MCDD T87D SBMD PKCH MPTD ELCD
RCO 0
PLEV 02
PUID
UPWD
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR CFW 4
FTR PHD
FTR RDL 16

I should clarify, the call drops once the user (called party) manually hangs up or disconnects. That's why I wonder, is this just the way analog works? The signal isn't gone until both ends release it?

Yes that's the way an analog line works. If the phone is off hook then it is busy - may be on a call, half-disconnect or lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back