Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Line Keeps ringing after being answered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteEEnerd

Programmer
Feb 19, 2008
US
I have a setup where I have 2 IP Offices. One IP Office is at a customer's home, the other is at their business. Their are three analog lines total, available at each location. Meaning that each IP Office has 3 analog lines, and each line is identical. So if I call their analog number it will ring both IP Offices. Until recently it would work fine, if they picked up at one location, the other location would stop ringing after about 5 seconds. Recently though, the other location will not stop ringing from time to time. It has rang up to as much as 15 times, and when they pick up the phone they will hear the conversation on the other end that has been going on for some time.

Any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it? IP Office 500, 4.1(12), ATM4, Ring Persistency = 400, Ring Maximum = 5000

Thanks!

is this dual presentation of the lines handled by the Telco. I have never seen a setup like that before!!

If you plug a butt set in and ring in, does it still do the same??

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

The dual presentation of lines is being handled by the telco. It is our only customer with them, and it is quite odd, and I suspect to be the cause of the problem. The lines are a little noisy, so the IPO must have misread the noise is my guess. I'm hoping someone else has a better answer.

I'm trying to talk them into just having the lines at the business location and then using SCN to have it ring at the house also. They aren't comfortable with that because they won't get to use their line appearance buttons anymore, and they worry about it going down and missing a call. Any suggestions on a way to rectify these issues?

if the telco send the ringing to the lines on both sides then it is their problem, the IPO just interprets it as a ring and if it is caused by line noise or by the actual ringing it is still telco stuff. Do the lines have a reliable disconnect on them, as in does the voltage drop when an incoming caller hangs up? if not then ask them to put that on the lines if they can and then it will disconnect the ringing when it detects that. Just make sure then that your lines are set for it too.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I've actually had 2 IP small offices on v. 4.1.15 do the exact thing with analog lines. I defaulted the config and the problem still persisted. I no longer sell IPO with analog trunks for primary use.

fonewiz - That sucks, Avaya couldn't fix it for you?

I have seen this on 4.0 and then on 4.1/1201 and 4.1.15. The only thing i could do to stop it was change ports. i have seen in on like 3 or 4 sites now. Mostly sites that are heavey analog users. No PRI/T1

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Anyone have a ticket with Avaya yet?

I guess this means it is probably unrelated to my strange analog setup?

We called our distributor and they said 4.1.15 fixes it. it doesnt. it moved to another port after the upgrade.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Avaya seem to have a very hard time making Analogue work propely on the IP Office, we stopped installing them into sites with analogue trunks many releases ago, and the sitution does not seem to have improved much, most the problems revolve around clear down/disconnect issues or echo on the lines especially with IP Phones thrown in the mix.

ACS - IP Office Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back