Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

analog line and digital set with common line appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikeTours

Technical User
Dec 28, 2004
CA
I have equipment from a third party vendor hanging off my CS1000. I have some questions around how this equipment is operating. There are analogue lines from the PBX going off to this equipment, but those numbers also appear on some digital meridian sets.

On the Nortel side I am looking for clarification of how the switch operates when it has a common line appearance on both a 500 set and a digital set.

Does the line configuration on the digital set control the type of line for both the 500 and digital set. For example if the line is defined to be SCR on the digital set will it also be SCR on the analogue?

Conversely if it is MCR on the digital set is it MCR on the analogue?

Is it as simple as that? If the line is SCR and the analogue set picks up will the digital set always be excluded from the call?

If the line is SCR and the digital set picks up will the analogue set always be excluded from the call, unless the digital set releases privacy.

Can anyone explain how an analogue and digital set with the same line appearance interoperate?

Thanks in advance.

Analogs can only be SCR or MCR
in order for the digital or analogue to pick up you will need to remove privacy in each one

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

SCR Single call ringing first device to pickup gets the call all other calls roll to MARP set FNA, HUNT if setup.
MCR Multiple call ringing first device pickup gets the call then if another call comes in second device is able to pickup on the call. If not picked up will roll to MARP set FNA, HUNT if setup.

another way to look at it..

new analog cls mcra, then add a key mcr xxxx, both calls can use the phone at the same time,, if the analog is mcrd, the digital will have to scr xxxx (or scn).. and they will be a party line..

if you need to change a pair, then null the keys on the digital, change the cls mark on the analog to mcra and add the keys back to the digital..

where you answer yes to marp defines the controling set.. so if marp is yes on the analog, hunt and fdn on the digital will be ignored for that line...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back