Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog flasher ring with digital set

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbryii

Vendor
Jul 24, 2011
US
I have a flasher that I would like to flash with a digital set. I know I could use a hunt group and that works just fine but people are already accustomed to calling the extension for the digital. I would really like to be able to call that extension and have the flasher work as well. Thanks in advance.

Kbryii
Alcatel-Lucent Certified Field Expert

You forgot to mention the make/model of the "flasher".

Use the AUX Ringer port for analog alert devices.
Note that there is only one port therefore can only be used for one device (unless daisy chained).

In both Sets/Capabilities and in Hunt Groups, set the AUX Ringer to Yes....and if there is a dedicated phone line for the group/set then got to Lines and do the same for that line.

In the land of Algo...
If you had a Duet Plus Ringer then you could also attach a visual alert device to it.

Viking
Bogen
Valcom are other makes.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

It's a Krown Phone Flasher. I know it worked as physically set up in the past. Just not sure how it was programmed.

Kbryii
Alcatel-Lucent Certified Field Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back