Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Brook Trout card problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydidit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2003
US
I have one that we have been fighting a while now and hope someone here has found a cure.

We installed a brook trout 1034 card in a fax server about a year ago and it's never worked right since the vendor installed it. The vendor (will remain anonymous for now) had me create two hunt groups, one for each 4 port card.

It looks to me like the cards get busy and do not send the switch a busy signal. Then calls get routed in and just ring. The vendors solution is to add more numbers to another card. This will just add more numbers that the switch will not get a busy signal from.

I called Brook Trout technical support (if you call it that), explained the problem (To someone in India it sounded like) and have never heard back from them.

Have of any of you had this same problem and found a fix? Do you have a (good) contact person to work on Brook Trout problems?

As always thanks for the help. This is really getting old fixing vendors problems for them, not that any one else here has had to do that right???

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

I had some brooktrout problems not too long ago with our card TR1034+P8h+T1. I talked to Kevin at Cantata who bought brooktrout he was very knowledgable and in the states, his number is 508-862-3162 you will probably have to open a new ticket with him but that is my 2 cents.
In the end our problem ended up being that I was entering non-isdn on a isdn line. I felt like an idiot.
What version of driver are you using and with what software?

Not sure of the driver, the server group takes care of the fax servers. The software is Interchange. These are the P4-4L cards. They are set up as analog in the Protocol options.

I will give him a call and see if he can help.

Thanks, Mike.

Thomas A. Edison

Thanks again for pointing to Kevin. He seems to be pretty sharp on these. They are pointing this problem back to the PBX though.

I plugged in phones to the cords running into the servers, dialed the hunt number 5 times and answered all members as they rang at the equipment. The fifth call received a busy signal, (imagine that!!!)

Not sure where they will go from here but hopefully they will now get off the "It's your PBX" kick and try to find the problems.

Thomas A. Edison

Is there queuing on the hunt groups? If so, remove it.

Kevin

No queue on either one Kevin, but thanks for the thought. I got an email from their technical support telling me I did the test incorrectly. I now need to leave the calls on the line (I thought being placed on hold did that ???) and then make the next call.

This is going to be another long day on this one....

Thomas A. Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back