Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Bells and Horns

Status
Not open for further replies.

jml2665

Vendor
Mar 8, 2005
GB
My customer has a emergency station for nights and weekends. This analog station extension (POTS1 on the IPO403 module) has 2 handsets, 2 bells and one Klaxon Horn bridged on it (from the old Mitel system)

I think I know the problem is that the IPOffice does not produce the right ringing voltages or enough AC ringing as needed, but my question is does anyone know of an alternative that has worked when these sorts of loud bells and things are needed?

Does the horn have a driver with line input ?

Use more analogue extensions and group them

Thanks for the suggestions JeSTeROCK,

unfortunatly I did not know about all these bells and whistles when I cut this system over, they called me after I flew home and reported this to me. Sounds like the IPO is not pushing enough AC voltage because the extension will ring once and stop when all the extra stuff is connected. When all the bells are removed the phone works fine, just does not ring loud enough for this area.

Creating a group of analog stations sounds like the best idea but there is only one very old pair of copper going to the boiler room and the customer was unwilling to add more aerial copper anywhere in this plant.

I have the Viking product (under the Avaya label) on my 406 box (original). We tried an analog port on a blade, but ended up using an analog port on the 406 itself. Probably because of a voltage issue. It works great. We use it to remotely open the gate from any phone in the company. I even set up a code so people with cell phones can sit in their car and key in a code to open the gate.

which Viking product hivotech? the ring booster or station extender??

and thats a cool application, but unfortunatly no gates or doors for me to open here, just need it to ring all sorts of bells and whistles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back