Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog ATA- WHICH ONES WORK 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaNACR

Vendor
Aug 9, 2012
US
Has any one had any luck with ATAs hanging off IPO R9 with analog phones (not fax machines)?

If so what models work? I am looking for 2 port options. Do they use a 3rd party endpoint license?

Thanks for the advise, trying to stay out of trouble with this.

Patton M-ATA also works good with an 3rd prt end-p lic.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Yes, Patton is one of the tested and supported options. Problem is my distributors don't sell them :(

You can buy Patton devices directly from Patton. Register as reseller for better pricing.

We've used both the ZyXel SIP to Analogue converters and more recently the Cisco version, both work perfectly, albeit the Cisco version was better - easier to configure and the call quality seemed better.

I used a Cisco SPA112 2-Port Phone Adapter worked fine and easy to set up

I'm with optel on this one. We use the same model - including Hot Dialing support (goes off hook and dials a predefined number). Everything works well.

I've used the Linksys PAP2T in several installs for Avaya and others.

I have had them all and the Patton M-ATA is the simplest and most reliable I ever seen.
Just a few parameters ( web browser and/or analog phone programming ) and youre done and you never have to look at it again -> set and forget.

I second the Grandstream ATA. We have been very happy with them, and their other products too.

Man this came up again.

Thanks for the feedback. The customer had Cisco ATA's and we elected to recommend reusing them.

This popped back up today and the customer is asking for FAX support. I have been shy about using third party for fax because of T.38 conversion issues. But some of the ones mentioned say they support it.

Anyone connected fax by one of these boxes? Thanks

We used the Linksys SPA3102 and they support T.38
Linksys was a part of Cisco so if you used these then yes it is possible.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back