Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Answering Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickl4583

Programmer
Dec 2, 2009
US
I have a customer who would like to hook up an answering machine to their analog extension. The extension would have a DID off a PRI that would route to the phone/answering machine. I cannot get this to work. The phone will just ring and ring. I have tested the answering machine by hooking it up to an analog line and it works just fine. Is their any configuration change that will help with this issue??

It's probably not designed to work on PABX's/systems. Analogue lines generally use higher voltages than systems do and so some things are unable to detect the ringing, I have seen it with fax machines and cheap DECT phones too :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

should be fine, how long does it take to pick up? turn off vm on that extn and turn up the no answer time.

or is there a phone in between?

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

check you are connected to a master skt
not all tams will work if the skt is not mastered

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back