Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

An objects-hierarchy discrepancy between the object-spy and recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

auto2

Programmer
Jun 4, 2008
IL
Hi all,
There is a discrepancy between the object-spy and the recorded script regarding the objects hierarchy of the same test object.
It can be seen in applications like web applications and .Net applications, that the Object-spy's objects-hierarchy of a test object is not the same as the corresponding one of the recorded line as shown in the script.
The Object-spy's hierarchy is generally much deeper in comparison to the recorded script's line regarding the same test object in the application, how come?

Regards,
auto2

The object in the recorded script uses whatever heirarchy was assigned to it. For example a dialog under my application's main screen has an OK and a Cancel button. But if I place the objects directly under the application's main screen in the repository then that's what the script uses.

But the Object Spy still shows the complete chain of objects from the top level right down...

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

For all your testing needs: Forum1393

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back