Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

an error occurred initializing the vab libraries (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharonlover

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2004
US
I'm running Office 2000 on my machine. I have an excel document, that when I open it asks me to enable macros. I click enable and the very next popup gives me the error,

an error occurred initializing the vab libraries (2)

The document doesn't open at all. The user created the document with the application and then a month later it began doing this.

Any suggestions?

"Why are we necessary?"
"Only to rise up to the challenge"
-Macross Plus-

Sharonlover,
Open the workbook and disable the macros. Then go to Tools, Macro, Visual Basic Editor and take a look at what code's included with this file. Check the references via Tools, References and see if any say "Missing." If it does, make a note of it, then uncheck it and click OK. Then go back to Tools, References and find the one you just unchecked and check it. You might want to Compile your code while you're at it. Then close and save the workbook and reopen it with the macros enabled.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back