Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

An easy way of copying foles from client to server? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2002
NO
Hello out there,

Vacation are just around the corner, and I don't want too many users snooping around my local disk, but they have to copy a couple of files from my disk to the server.

So the best solution is to make a small VB application that do the job for them.

Anyone out there who kan give me a hint of how this piece of code would look like? I dont have the time to consult the manuals right now because hevy workload that must be done before the vacation.

I would be grateful of evry hint.

Best regard
Stig

That should just be:
---------------------------------------------------------
FileCopy "c:\tmp\test.txt", "\\Servername\Subdir\Newfilename.txt"
---------------------------------------------------------

Shouldn't it?
Sunaj
'The gap between theory and practice is not as wide in theory as it is in practice'

I'm not sure what it is that you want but, from the sound of it, you want the user to be able to copy files that are on your local drive on to the server from the user's desktop correct? If so then you will need to make sure your directory is shared and that user has permission (or users) once you do that then Sunaj's statement will be correct except you will need it to be from the network ie:
FileCopy "\\yourlocaldisk\shareddirectory\text.txt", "\\Servername\SubDir\text.txt"

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back