Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AMS Wav to CM? Help please

YDCTwinkleToes

Technical User
Oct 7, 2024
I have announcement wav files on AMS I need to get them on to CM to play. Can anyone give me some pointers!

Announcements for CM actually live on a G450 or other media gateway. I dont know how you get them off AMS but to but to use announcement files in CM you need to enable the VAL(announcement board) on a G450 media gateway and then you build the announcement in CM pointing it to a wav file you load onto the G450. I use winSCP to ftp drop the files onto the G450.

To enable the announcement board on a G450, in the CM CLI enter the following. In this example I am enabling it on my number one media gateway. Board 9 is the announcement board on G450s. If you are using a different media gateway model you will need to check what slot has the announcement board

enable announcement-board 001v9

Then to build the announcement

Enter add announcement xxxx (xxxx being the extension number you are assigning to that announcement)
In the Extension field, type the extension that you want to assign to this announcement.
In the Annc Name field, type the unique name of the announcement that you are associating with the extension.

Both these videos have good info however they are from a very old version of CM so not everything will be the same

Thanks but I am using Media Server rather than gateway. I have done the standard, add announcement, fill in fields, upload audio file. but not being taken. i can load it on the media server, but how do I link the wav that is on the media server with the announcement so that it will play. names are the same. I have Audacity for converting format of wav and think I have that right 8000hz; mono: a-law.

in the announcement administration screen in the "Source" field enter mx for Media Server, where x is the Media Server number

Log in to AAMS GUI -> Tools -> Media Management -> Check box *Communication Manager -> Browse... -> Click on arrow to the left of Communication Manager -> Click ANNC.... -> Add Media -> Browse...

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back