Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AMS and SAV 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2002
US
I am trying to configure AMS server on our SAV 8 corporate server, but every time I configure an alert and test it, nothing happens?? All the services are running and everything checks out ok, but nothing goes....any ideas??

What alert are you testing, and how (e-mail?)?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Yes, I am testing it using the "test" button within AMS, and I am trying to send it via email using the Exchange server.

Hi

Have you tested that the Exchange server is allowed to accept communication from the AMS server.
Sometimes the admin of the e-mail server could deny any attempt made from unknown computers than the one he specifically configures in the email server.

Whisper

Whisper111, let me check that, it could be the cause...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back