Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

amrestore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2003
CA
Hello all I am trying to restore a directory from an amanda backup and receiving error.

Error 32 (Broken pipe) offset 32768+32768, wrote 0
amrestore: pipe reader has quit in middle of file.

the command I ran as well as the output is as follows...

[root@development backup]# amrestore -p /dev/nst0 development repository | restore -ivbf 2 -

amrestore: 0: skipping start of tape: date 20041222 label compusense008
amrestore: 1: skipping sensory.int.mydomain.com._home.20041222.1
amrestore: 2: skipping support.int.mydomain.com._home.20041222.2
amrestore: 3: restoring development._repository.20041222.3
Error 32 (Broken pipe) offset 32768+32768, wrote 0
amrestore: pipe reader has quit in middle of file.

Any input on this would be very greatly appreciated!!

Hey, I hope it's not a critical restore that you need to do. Hopefully this is just a test restore that you are doing to make sure your backups are working... right ;)

In any case, I'm not familiar with amrestore but generally speaking, it seems that you have used this software for a while because you don't mention a new install or anything. So the software should be fine if you have not made any changes and you have used the command to restore in the past.

Maybe you're overlooking the possibility that it's a hardware problem. If you put in another tape and it works fine then it's something with the tape. If you can't backup or restore to any tape any longer, it's probably the drive.

Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back