Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"The wizard was interrupted before Symposium call center ( client)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericbarr

MIS
Jan 16, 2004
US
I am trying to install Symposium call center ( client)4.0 on several workstations. A few of the workstations ( Dell Optiplex w/XP) are having problems running the setup.exe.
**note** These workstations had Symposium installed on them that were deployed via group policy with an msi made with winstaller le. Group policy removed the software and the registry appears to be clean. (the msi had some issues)

After launching the setup from the disc, nothing happens. I checked taskmanager and there are 3 instances of msiexec running. If I kill 2 of them and leave the msiexec open that is using 7600KB of memory, the compatibility checker will popup and start running. I am able to get to the screen before the pbx type and then I get a message that "The wizard was interrupted before Symposium CAll Center Server (client) could be completely installed".

Any help would be appreciated. I have had to rebuild 2 workstationa so far to get this software to install.

try using the registry clean utility and try to install from local administrator to c if it works.

Regards
panky

What version of the Client of the software are you using/ The earlier versions of 4.0 are not XP compatible. You find even if you install them, things don't work as expected. Maybe someone can shed light on which version is fully support on XP, as I've forgotten which one it is.

Stu..

The registry clean did not work.

We are using version 4.00 ( build 04.01.07) rev 6

SCCS 4.2 works on some of the XP Dell Machines GX-260. Anything that seems to be 2.8GHZ or slower works if you have 4.2 Client and the recent Nortel PEPS with a clean install of XP.

I can't seem to get the 4.2 Client to work on any of the newer Dell Optiplex GX270 PCs with a 3.0 GHZ processor or higher. I'm waiting for a new Nortel PEP CD so I'll see if that helps but at this point if you have a GX270 and XP it doesn't seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back