Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

& in a cube dimension causes issues with drill-through report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikiap

MIS
Nov 27, 2003
CH
Hi all

I have a cube and drill-through report.
One of the dimensions of the cube has the values:
'tree'
'hou&se'
'block'.
I have for example three dimensions in the cube:
dim1 (the one above)
dim2 (date)
dim3.

If I select dim1='tree' and a value for dim2 and dim3, the drill-through works fine.

If I select dim1='hou&se' and value for dim2 and dim3, I get no metadata found and that it is not identical with the package defition.

I suspect the & makes trouble here.

Any idea on this? Has anyone encounter the same issue, and if yes, how did you solve it?

Thanks
miki

Don't know if the '&' is the cause, but it seems pretty easy to find out. All you have to do is to make sure to replace the '&' in the IQD definition and test whether this solves the problem. From a reporting perspective 'house' may also be more desirable than 'hou&se'..

Ties Blom

I'd suspect that it is; you don't mention the method of cube access, but from experience, Powerplay enterprise chokes on a cube name that includes '&' (I'm guessing due to it being used in Javascript). Solution? Changed it for 'and'.
As Ties notes, a simple 'REPLACE' on the data may be the easiest way forward.

soi là, soi carré

Thank you all.

In the meantime we also tried and replaced with 'and' and now it works.

We assume that the & is interpreted in a way by the passing through process or Oracle (which interpretes it as asking for another parameter).

hou&se was just a quick example :)...actually we have department names that have in the name 'Product & Services'.

Thanks again
Cheers
miki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back