Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ammend User details in AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandl

MIS
Apr 9, 2003
GB
I have a asp page that populates our form with user details from the AD (Exchange details) this all works fine but when I try to post any changes back to AD it fails with
HTTP 500.100
Error Type:
(0x80072035)

The issues are complicated by the fact that I need to retrieve and ammend all users including our child domain users.

I can get all users and ammend the details using the following code

(Javascript)
<i>
// Query user's details and membership
var strLDAP = "<LDAP://dc=*******,dc=*****>;(&(objectCategory=user)(sAMAccountName="+strUser+"));adspath;subtree"
var objRS = objConnection.Execute(strLDAP);
var objUser = GetObject(objRS.Fields(0).Value);
</i>
<b>
but this does not retrieve the child domain users.
</b>

If I change the <i>var strLDAP = "GC://......</i>

It reads all users including child domain but gives the error above when trying to change details.

I believe this may be a security issue writing back to the GC but I keep going around in circles.

Can anybody help?

Addition to previous post....
The light has now been turned on in my brain and I have remembered that the GC is Read Only!

So the question is now...
does anyone know how to use LDAP to retrieve information from the domain and child?

Thanks
dandl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back