Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AMD64 running WAY too hot - Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

arh2o

Technical User
Oct 26, 2003
US
Ran everest to see my temps and my mobo is running at 40c, which i guess is ok. however my cpu runs at 56c! thats 133 degrees farenheight. i don't know why it's running so hot. i have a dual fan psu, stock heatsink/fan, and 1 90mm fan in the back of the case.

My second question is: When i received my AMD64 cpu i didn't spread the thermalpaste. It was already on the bottom of my heatsink/fan so i just placed it on top of the cpu. Should i go back and spread the paste, or does it come pre-spread already?

Hi arh20 some amd cpus have a plastic protective cover over the thermal interface material that has to be removed before instaling heat sink

Also check very carefully to make absolutely certain that the heatsink is making intimate contact with the processor.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back