Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ambient 56k internal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdurden

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
US
I cannot make this thing thing work. All the drivers that I have been able to find on the net don't work. I need drivers that work for this modem for win 98/2000 pro. Not only that, but it worked in this machine before, no problem. When I installedd win 2000 I installed an update win 2000 driver off the web, when that did not work I uninstalled the drivers for 98 and 2000 (it is a dual boot), now the original drivers will not work in 98, modem icon in device manager also frazzled looking. 98 says it is working properly, but my isp only rcognizes the nic, not the modem, I configured modem manually in my isp software, but it still only recognizes the nic as a connection.

You may want to try setting it up as a generic modem...That seems to work in most cases..

just a thougth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back