Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Am I wrong in thinking that this is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaqster

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
GB
I saw this written on a 1 tonne bag of sand from B&Q:

NONE RETURNABLE.

It strikes me that this should be "Non Returnable".

Am I wrong in thinking this is wrong? Am I crazy? Perhaps history will relate...

Xaqster

both are correct.
None of the grains of sand in the bag are returnable and neither is the bag itself :)

non returnable would be correct for what they want to say, which is that they'll not take back the bag (with or without content).

True, I did not think of that. None of it is returnable.

<Please insert homer like noise here>

Xaqster

PS, I seem to have a awol .sig on my parent post...

---

"I'm just here to regulate funkyness"

> NONE RETURNABLE

To imply that not a grain of the sand or the bag itself is returnable seems to muddy the waters a bit. I can't clearly see someone bringing a fistful of sand for a refund.

I think all they wanted to say is the sand cannot be returned for any reason. I suspect they would not strongly object to recovering the bag -- to sell more sand, if it's still usable.

One tonne = 1000 Kg., or 2200 pounds. What was the bag made of?

DonBott

Burlap: a strong, coarsely woven cloth made of fibers of jute, flax, or hemp and used to make bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back