Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AM 6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
Anyone using the new AM6.3? Feedback? I had a presentation of it and it seems to me that while some of the stuff (virtualization.. linux based) were pretty good.. I found it had many shortcomings at the same time. Almost like they rushed out a product that wasn't fully ready.

I have installed 4 so far with out any issues at all. Both VMware and SP.

What shortcomings are you referring to ? I know it will not read your email any longer if you are using the EXCH back end and the Client does not exist in the Avaya store world. ( to name a few)

Just wondering what you don't really like.

All in all it is a great system.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

There were definitely positive things about it.. all linux, virtualization and I even liked the way they are able to empower the user by providing that interface. I did not like that you still require mutare message mirror, I did not like that you can't use your own SAN storage, the physical requirement for One-X Speech, there is no presence based routing (Lync, Outlook calendar).

It would definitely suffice for what we currently have today as it does the same things, but there is really no UC type integration/mobility. I'm sure they'll get there, but some others I've seen have these types of things native in them.

Not saying it wasn't something we are considering as I'm sure from a pricing perspective it will probably be cheaper, but I expected a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back