Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Always Display Group Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

aelsn

Technical User
Dec 17, 2004
US
This is probably pretty easy and I apologize if this has been answered before (please point me in the right direction). I'm using Crystal 9 and would like a group name to show on my report even when there is no data to display.

My report is grouped first by salesperson then by trade date. The trade date group is based on a formula which displays sales within the past 3 months, 6 months, 9 months etc. For example, if a salesperson has a sale within the past 3 months, nothing between 6 and 9 but has a sale in the 9 month group, I want the header for the 6 month group to show anyway. Basically, I need the group 2 header to show for everyone even when no date exists for that timeframe.

Thanks

The easiest solution is to use a left join from the table that contains the salespeople to the sales transaction table, and then to use NO selection criteria on the sales transaction table or any table to the right of the salesperson table.

Otherwise, you could potentially create a command where you add the transaction criteria as a join condition, instead of in the where clause. Let me know if you want to try this. You would have to use the command as the datasource for your report.

-LB

Thanks. I was using a left join but the record selection criteria was in the table containing the transactions. I've done this exact thing before but it didn't click until you mentioned it. I will come up with a different way to limit my data. I think I'm back on track.

I have the same problem, but I just have one table, so, in this case, I cannot use the left join.
I have one table with financial information: group 1 would be the departmentname and group 2 should be the type of expense.
I created for group 2 the different grouping criteria "in specified order" and I would like the grouptitle to be visible even there is no data to be displayed.
Maybe you have some tips...

lrigotto, you should really have started a new thread, maybe referring back to this one.

Crystal does allow you to add the same dataset twice, and it will be treated as if it were two tables, the second given an alias. Does that help?

If not, please start a new thread. They need to be specific.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back