Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Always copy to colleague 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaHae

MIS
Mar 25, 2002
DE
One of my users asked me of it was possible to get always a copy of the messages her boss sends and answers.
One of the reasons is that her boss is a lot out doors and she must stay informed about his does and whoes.
(He proberly forgot sometimes a few things. ;-) )

thanks.

You could use custom stationary or program a macro button to do it, but that means the Boss would have to remember to use the proper procedure. To have it all happen automatically, you'd have to modify the document templates.

DISCLAIMER: I'm assuming you've got developer level access to the database, are aware of the ramifications of changing the structure of your database vs changing the template, and always follow safe practices when changing default settings (i.e. BACK UP YOUR DATA FIRST!!!!). Though this is a simple enough change, there's alot of other things you can get into here that'll totally muck up your database if you're not careful, and I won't be held responsible if that happens.

Open the Boss's NSF file, go into Design, Forms. (Now would be a good time to back up the form, just in case. Just click on "*Memo", click Edit, Copy then Edit, Paste.)

Double click on "*Memo". Click OK to clear the warning. Ignore the top section of the screen, what we want is down at the bottom. Click the pulldown labelled "Define" and choose "Copy To". The "Event" field should show "Default Value" and the "Run" value should be "Formula". Now, in the code box, type the secretary's fully-qualified Notes address, enclosed in double-quotes. Click the green check to accept the changes, the Escape to save and close the form. Now, all new messages created with the Memo form (the default for new messages) will automatically include the secretary. If you want all of the Boss's responses to messages to also include the secretary, make the same change to both the "Reply" and "Reply with History" forms. You could also make these changes to the bcc: field if that's more desirable.

DCJ2

Thank You, Thank You

greetings
Marco.
:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back