Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALU29 extensions intermittently not ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkerjpb

Programmer
Feb 13, 2003
GB
On one of my sites I look after I am having problems with analogue extensions occasionally not ringing. The riner LED on the phone lights up but no rining. It is not the phones or the LJU as many phones have this problem and have been checked. There are 4 MAGS but only one ringer (in MAG 0). Would I be correct in thinking that another REU must be fitted to assist in ringing load.

Many thanks for any help.

Would I be correct in thinking that another REU must be fitted to assist in ringing load…
Yes you need and REU or a RG5DC which is a DC/DC converter with a ringing (RG) generator. If you have a problem with the REU you should get an alarm code 102

102 Power failure detected by DSU

ADD INFO 1:
0 - 3 = States DSU

ADD INFO 2:
0 = DSU board is missing -5V
1 = DSU board is missing +12V
2 = DSU board is missing -12V
3 = DSU board is missing -48V
4 = DSU board is missing RGA (ringing voltage)

If you want to check voltages there are diagrams in ALEX ... / Basic Exchange / Installation 07/ASB 501 04 / Installation / Peripheral equipments / RG5DC

Hi,
Another way is to check the ELU 29 board, some of the /11 boards do have this problem try replacing the board whos individual does not get the ring.
Some times due to external voltages the ELU 29 is unable to get rings.
SO try and find out if the ring is not received on one individual or all of the board in both cases replace the ELU board.
Gallian

Hi
one of revision ELU29 had this problem on first individual on board. In this case you must replace board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back