Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Altigen 4 short codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klabaza

MIS
Aug 3, 2005
Hi.

We are running Altigen 4.x, we want to test a new telephone device, but I got some doubts that would like that someone could share their experience and see if we can fix it.

Our current phones lines are in the area 619 San Diego, here went a user want to dial a number in that area they dial:

7+number.

Which is good, now our phone company give us a new device to test which have a test number and we want to add this number into our Altigen, but the issue is that the test number is in the area
949, they cannot change it.

Now, the problem is with the users, because went they want to dial a number from the area 619 and altigen decide to use the new trunk which is transparent to users, is not possible to use our current
dial settings, they need to dial:

7+1+619+number.

Which this can be uncomfortable to the users, the technical guy told us that if in our system exist a term know as "short codes", I had check my altigen systema administration gui and haven't seen something similar to this.

My questions is this:

How can I setup this new trunmk and my users continue dialing the same way as before, doesn't matter is altigen pickup a trunk line from 619 or 949 to dial to our current area 619?

Hope to be clear, thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back