Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALTI-CD0012UD board noise/no dialtone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermont05753

Technical User
Mar 10, 2006
US
I have a CD0012UD board problem. Presents extension battery, but I can only hear just audible dialtone. A call results in LOUD white noise. I ran the MVIP test with no errors. The card plugs into a 110 patch panel. The setup for this card looks exactly like the CD0408UD cards next to it. This is the only 0012 card. It is #4 of 4 cards and terminated. Operating system is NT4.0. Altigen suggested moving to different ISA slot and MVIP plug. Have not been to server yet to try. Does anyone have experiance with this problem or have additional tips?
Thanks,
Duane

Sounds like it could be a number of things. I know this is a stupid question, but do you have the chassis gounded- I've seen sites not ground their cabinet and have problems like this- don't ask me why, they just like it. Also that is an ISA board, how close is it to a power supply? I agree with them wanting to move it to another slot, those are industrial backplanes, they for the most part, are "dumb" boards- the CPU resides on a computer-on-a-board, so I don't think they pay much attention to the detail in the backplane, I've had a bad slot come up before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back