Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALTI-2G System

Status
Not open for further replies.

E1Designs

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2005
US
The main issue is that there is an Altigen server in location A, location B has IP phones with which it registers via the server at location A. When a public IP is used for location A's server (static set up in PIX) it registers and apepars to be functioning. What happens though is that you dial the phone and it will show "ringing" in the display of the Altigen although it is not really ringing and I can not hear the ringing. It can not make outbound calls either. I samw somebody mention something about STUN on a search I did, however I am not sure this is the issue? It works flawlessly through the VPN, although some say the delay in voice could be to the VPN overhead and we should move it outside the VPN, thus this entire post.

Thanks Again!!!

I've struggled with this for a while. At best, when I open the firewall to the server, I can get 'outgoing' calls from home, but no 'incoming'. I tried allowing h323, and opening individual ports. I have a Checkpoint firewall, and the vendor suggested a PIX. No better apparently...?

Nope, I have everything opened, same type of issue. It works in some instances, and toerh it does not. Very much anightmare as Altigen has no direct cases to support the setup. Either way, passing outside the VPN or a private network I discovered is a bad idea, so that is how I tackled anyone that brought up setting it up publicly. :)

What system version are you running? 4.X or 5.X? Also are you using the older IP600s or the newer IP710s? This is do-able but it is a pain in the butt. Also though it is totally your choice to run traffic across the open net- I'd have to tell you it isn't the best idea.

Are you running NAT on either end? If so, you will need to install and configure the Altigen Gatekeeper.

We have since moved away from this idea, and since it is not operable consistently via the WAN with the Multitech/Altigen, we are trying to do all Altigen systems.

We have yet to implement the outside offices with the ALtigen system at each location. It was tested and worked for a day of business. Have more solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back