Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternatives to Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabineri

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
I am using VB.NET with an access data base and am wondering if there are alternative programs that can match what Crystal Reports is able to do? I am not a very sophisticated user but I would need some kind of internal language like Crystal Reports and also need multiple column capability and the ability to export as at least PDF and HTML and WORD. Any advice on what I might look at would be welcome.

Crystal reports + VB.Net does all that. In my experience CR is a very powerfull reporting solution and if you can get your head round using CR then it is very good. My advise would be stick with it and buy a good book on learning CR. Within CR you can change the language option for conditional formatting or coding from Crystal to Visual Basic. The language for Basic within CR is from an earlier version of basic but can do most things you need.

Keith

If you are looking at reporting services,, Crystal is by far the best. We have SQL 2005,, and the standard Reporting service that come with it,, really pale in comparison to what can be done in and thru Crystal. You have the (insert your dream car here), now you just have to figure out how to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back